The Flyers are 4-2 when senior Mike Hauschild starts on the mound.
Time Warner Cable Stadium
Live Coverage: DaytonFlyers.com
Games 26-28: Saint Louis at Dayton
Friday, 3 p.m. ET
RHP Alemann (5-0, 1.09 ERA) vs. RHP Hauschild
(3-1, 3.28 ERA)
Saturday, 1 p.m. ET
RHP Smith (2-1, 1.24 ERA) vs. TBD
Sunday, 12 p.m. ET
LHP Rivera (2-2, 6.68 ERA) vs. TBD
• Dayton (10-15, 2-1 A-10) hosts a three-game series with No. 30 Saint Louis (19-6, 3-0 A-10) this weekend at Time Warner Cable Stadium in the second week of conference play.
• The Flyers have won eight of the last nine Atlantic 10 Conference series after besting St. Bonaventure last weekend, 2-1.
• It will be the first meeting between Dayton and Saint Louis since 2010. SLU swept Dayton in 2010 and Dayton swept SLU in 2009. SLU leads the all-time series, 20-11.
• Senior centerfielder Bobby Glover
ended a 21-game hitting streak last Saturday, but has still reached base in all 25 games this season. Glover has a .330 batting average and team-highs of 35 hits, five homeruns and three triples.
• Senior C.J. Gillman
leads UD with a .333 batting average and 25 RBI.
• The Flyers rank second in the nation in stolen bases per game with 3.04 (70 total), as of Monday. UD added 10 stolen bases in two mid-week games this week. Four Flyers have 10 or more stolen bases – Brian Blasik
(16), Bobby Glover
(15), Mel Skochdopole
(14) and Ian Hundley
• In games which senior right-handed pitcher and Friday starter Mike Hauschild
starts, the Flyers are 4-2. Last Saturday, Hauschild pitched 8 2/3 innings with six strikeouts, no walks and three runs allowed to earn a no-decision in a 6-3 Flyer victory. Hauschild is averaging 7 2/3 innings per outing with two complete-games and a team-best 34 strikeouts.
• Dayton career strikeout leader Burny Mitchem
(275) and Hauschild (211) both rank in the top four in career strikeouts at Dayton. Mitchem ranks second among active NCAA players in career strikeouts. Hauschild has the fourth-most career Ks in Dayton history.
Scouting Saint Louis
• Conference-leading Saint Louis (19-6, 3-0 A-10) parlayed a program-record 13-game winning to streak into to a No. 30 ranking in this week’s Collegiate Baseball
poll. The Billikens’ winning streak came to an end after a 13-6 loss at Eastern Illinois on Tuesday. SLU opened conference play by sweeping Temple at home.
• The Billikens have been consistent in all three aspects of the game to date – leading the A-10 with a 3.14 ERA, ranking second in team offense (.302 batting average) and second in team defense (.972 fielding percentage). SLU is the only team in the A-10 with more walks than strikeouts at the plate (133 BB/130 K), while allowing just 2.23 walks per nine innings – both values for walks and walks allowed per nine innings rank seventh in the nation.
• SLU is led by outfielder Steve Fernandez
’s .398 batting average and conference-high 27 RBI.
• Outfielder Alex Kelly
was named the A-10 Player of the Week on Feb. 27. Kelly is hitting .366 with team-highs of 34 hits, three homeruns and 49 total bases. The Colorado native played a season with UD's Gillman at Garden City (Kan.) Community College.
• Friday starter Alex Alemann
has a 5-0 record and 1.09 ERA through six starts this season, including one complete-game shutout. The 6’5” junior was a Louisville Slugger
Freshman All-American in 2010.
• Head Coach Darin Hendrickson
has a 135-115 record in his fifth season at Saint Louis (16th overall).
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE FORECAST – DAYTON, OHIO
Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 68 degrees. South wind between 9 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60 percent. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.
Partly sunny, with a high near 60 degrees. North wind between 5 and 9 mph.
Mostly sunny, with a high near 75 degrees.