Tickets | UD Arena
Streaming Audio | Live Stats | Free Live Video
FOUR-GAME WINNING STREAK ON THE LINE AS UD HOSTS ILLINOIS STATE
In a critical non-conference game for both schools, the University of Dayton Flyers host the Illinois State Redbirds on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on WHIO, carried by WHIO Radio and available with live streaming video, stats and streaming audio at www.DaytonFlyers.com.
Dayton, 8-2 overall, continues to play well and has won four straight. UD has won seven of its last eight and is one-point away from an eight-game win streak. During the four-game win streak the Flyers are averaging 76.2 points per game and out-rebounding opponents by plus-12.5. On the season, four different players are scoring in double figures. Kevin Dillard leads the charge, averaging 15.1 points and 4.2 assists per game. Vee Sanford (12.1 ppg), Josh Benson (11.5 ppg) and Devin Oliver (10.9 ppg) have diversified the UD offense.
ABOUT ILLINOIS STATE
The Illinois State Redbirds, 7-3 overall, has won two straight and features one of the top offenses in the NCAA. The Redbirds rank 12th in the NCAA averaging 81.5 points per game and seventh in assists with 17.9. Illinois State is also 7-0 this season when scoring 70 points or more and forcing more turnovers than their opponents. Senior forward Jackie Carmichael is a strong presence inside averaging 17.6 points, 7.3 rebounds and 2.8 blocks per game. ISU senior guard Tyler Brown is close behind averaging 17.5 points and shooting .413 from three-point range. Freshman guard Kaza Keane ranks in the MVC’s Top 10 with 5.2 assists per game.
Dayton leads the all-time series 4-1, and the last two meetings have come in the NIT. UD won the last matchup 63-42 on March 17, 2010 in the NIT First Round en route to winning the NIT championship.
The month of December has been kind to the Flyers in recent years. Dayton has had a winning record in the month of December in the last 10 seasons, which includes the 2012-13 season. Dayton is 56-16 (.774) during the previous 10 campaigns. UD has won 35 of its last 40 dating back to the 2007-08 campaign.
GET IT ON THE GLASS
Dayton has out-rebounded every opponent but one this season. UD has a plus-6.2 rebounding margin overall. In the eight victories, the Flyers hold a plus-8.1 edge on the glass.
THE BETTER HALF
Dayton has led at halftime in all 10 games this season. And in the second half, the Flyers are 7-0 when leading with five minutes remaining in regulation.
• The Flyers are on a four-game winning streak, matching the longest in coach Archie Miller’s tenure at Dayton.
• In the previous three games, Dayton has scored 80 points or more. The last time UD scored 80 points or more in three straight contests was back in the 2007-08 season when the Flyers broke the 80-point mark in four consecutive games (Dec. 29 - Jan. 9).
• UD has out-rebounded every opponent in all but one game this season.
• The Flyers are 19-8 against BCS opponents in the last six seasons. Dayton is 7-3 in coach Archie Miller’s tenure against the power conferences with wins against Alabama, Auburn, Boston College, Minnesota, Ole Miss and Wake Forest.
• In the win against Miami, Dayton had five players score in double figures. During Miller’s tenure, UD is 2-0 this year and 9-0 overall when five players score in double figures.
• The Flyer defense set a program record by allowing five points in the first half against Northern Illinois. NIU shot 11 percent from the field and committed 12 turnovers.
• Dayton is 11-0 the last two years shooting 40 percent or better in a game from 3-point range.
• Dayton went 2-1 at the 2012 Charleston Classic. The Flyers defeated the Boston College Eagles and Auburn Tigers and lost to the eventual champion Colorado Buffaloes.
• In the Atlantic 10, Dayton ranks first in defensive rebounding (29.0), second in field goal percentage (.472) and rebounding margin (+6.2), and third in scoring margin (+10.5) and 3-point field goal percentage (.372).
• Kevin Dillard, a First Team Pre-Season All-Atlantic 10 selection, leads Dayton in scoring (15.1), assists (4.2), three-pointers made (18), free throws made (41) and steals (13).
• Dillard is ninth in the A-10 in scoring. He has scored in double figures in all but one game this season. Dillard has also hit at least one 3-point shot in eight straight contests.
• Josh Benson is producing at a similar clip as he did last season before his torn ACL. In 2012-13, Benson is averaging 11.5 points, 5.3 rebounds and shooting .541 from the floor.
• Vee Sanford has scored in double figures in the last four games, longest streak on the team.
• Sanford leads the Flyers with an .871 free throw percentage and ranks 4th in the Atlantic 10.
• Devin Oliver ranks second in the Atlantic 10 and leads the Flyers in overall rebounding (8.7 rpg). In his last three games, Oliver is averaging 11.7 points, 10.3 rebounds and 3.0 assists.
• Oliver has scored in double figures in the seven of the last eight games and put together back-to-back double doubles against Miami and Florida Atlantic.
• Jalen Robinson has been a force off the bench, averaging 7.4 points while shooting .581 (25-43) from the field. The Flyers are 7-0 when Robinson comes off the bench.
• Khari Price had four steals versus Florida Atlantic, the most by a Flyer since Kevin Dillard’s seven against Minnesota at the Old Spice Classic on Nov. 27, 2011.