In A-10 play, Khari Price averages 8.5 points per game, compared to 2.4 points in non-conference play.
Tickets | Gola Arena
Streaming Audio | Live Video | Live Stats
FLYERS SEEK FIRST A-10 WIN ON WEDNESDAY AT LA SALLE
After starting conference play with two straight losses, the University of Dayton Flyers go on the road to face the La Salle Explorers on Wednesday at 7 p.m. ET. The game will be televised on Fox Sports Ohio, carried by WHIO Radio and is available with live streaming video, stats and audio at DaytonFlyers.com.
The Flyers, 10-6 overall and 0-2 in the Atlantic 10, have hit a rough patch, losing four of their last six. The two conference losses came to ranked teams, VCU and Butler. To get back on track, the Flyers will look to point guard Kevin Dillard. Dillard leads Dayton in scoring (15.0), assists (4.6), three-pointers made (26), free throws made (78), free throw percentage (.867), minutes (32.1) and steals (22). Devin Oliver leads the A-10 in rebounding averaging 9.1 per contest. He has put together double-figure rebounding efforts in four of the last five contests. Speaking of rebounding, Dayton ranks third in defensive rebounding (30.7) and rebounding margin (+4.9) in the Atlantic 10.
ABOUT LA SALLE
The La Salle Explorers, 11-4 overall and 1-1 in the Atlantic 10, have won five of their last seven. The Explorers showcase the second-highest scoring offense in the conference averaging 73.5 points per game. Four Explorers average in double figures led by the A-10’s second leading scorer, Ramon Galloway. Galloway averages 17.1 points per game. Tyreek Duren (15.1 ppg), Tyrone Garland (14.3 ppg) and Jerrell Wright (10.8 ppg) add to La Salle’s offensive firepower.
Dayton leads the all-time series 24-13 and have won the last four meetings. Last year the Flyers won 79-75 at UD Arena.
SHOOT TO THRILL
The biggest difference between Dayton’s wins and losses this season have come from field goal shooting. In the victories, UD is shooting .492 from the field and .402 from beyond the arc. When Dayton loses, those numbers drop to .390 from the floor and .297 from 3-point range.
GET IT ON THE GLASS
Dayton is 8-3 in this year when out-rebounding its opponent. In the 10 victories, UD holds a plus-6.0 edge on the glass.
In Atlantic 10 games, the Flyers lead in defensive rebounding (26.5) and rank second in free throw percentage (.734). Conversely, UD is 15th out of 16 teams in defensive field goal percentage (.485), assist-to-turnover ratio (0.6) and turnover margin (-7.5).
PACK YOUR BAGS
Dayton is 3-3 away from UD Arena this season. In those games on the road and at neutral sites, the Flyers average 70.2 points per game. Kevin Dillard is Dayton’s top scorer away from the Arena averaging 16.5 points. Dillard is the only Flyer averaging in double figures.
Wednesday’s matchup is a battle between two Top 100 RPI programs. La Salle is rated 40th, but are 2-3 against RPI Top 100 teams. Dayton is ranked 87th and is 2-3 against Top 100 schools as well.
• Dayton has not started 0-3 in conference play since the 2005-06 season when the Flyers lost their first four in A-10 action.
• The Flyers opened Atlantic 10 play facing two ranked opponents in their first two games (#24 VCU and #14/17 Butler). The last time UD played ranked conference foes back-to-back was during the 1993-94 season when Dayton was a member of the Great Midwest Conference.
• Dayton finished non-conference play with 10 victories, the seventh consecutive year achieving 10-plus wins prior to Atlantic 10 action.
• In Dayton’s 10 wins, the Flyers are shooting .492 from the field. In the six losses, the field goal percentage drops to .390.
• The Flyers are 6-0 this season when scoring 75 or more points.
• Kevin Dillard, a Cousy Award watch list selection, is 10th in the A-10 in scoring and fifth in assists and free throw percentage. He has scored in double figures in all but one game this year.
• In the last four games, Dillard is shooting 28-of-31 at the free throw line (.903).
• Dillard is also 24-of-24 in the last two minutes of the game this season at the charity stripe.
• Devin Oliver has four double-doubles this season. He has also scored in double figures in the nine of the last 14 games.
• In addition, Oliver has eight double figure rebounding games, including four of his last five.
• Dayton is 5-1 this season when Oliver hits a three-pointer in a game.
• Josh Benson is producing at a similar clip as he did last season before his torn ACL. In 2012-13, Benson is averaging 10.7 points, 4.9 rebounds and shooting .543 from the floor.
• Benson ranks eighth in the Atlantic 10 in field goal percentage and 15th in blocks.
• Vee Sanford has scored in double figures in seven of his last 10 contests.
• Sanford is shooting .849 at the free throw line, second-best on the team and 7th in the A-10.
• Dyshawn Pierre finished with 14 points and nine rebounds versus No. 14 Butler. He is averaging 7.3 points and 7.3 rebounds in his last three games.
• Matt Derenbecker is 9-of-19 (.474) from three-point range in his last six games. He ranks eighth in the conference in three-point field goal percentage (.438).
• Khari Price scored 10 points versus No. 14 Butler, his first career double-figure scoring effort. In A-10 play, he averages 8.5 points per game, compared to 2.4 points in non-conference play.