In his last three games, Kevin Dillard has a 4.0 assist-to-turnover ratio (20 assists to five turnovers).
Tickets | Chaifetz Arena
Streaming Audio | Live Stats
FLYERS OPEN THE MONTH OF FEBRUARY AT SAINT LOUIS ON SATURDAY
The University of Dayton Flyers begin the month of February on the road against the Saint Louis Billikens on Saturday at 2 p.m. ET. The game will be televised nationally on the NBC Sports Network, carried by WHIO Radio and is available with live stats and audio at DaytonFlyers.com.
Due to NBC Sports Network's national broadcast rights, there will be NO live video streaming available at www.DaytonFlyers.com.
The Flyers, 12-8 overall and 2-4 in conference play, are looking for their first road A-10 victory. UD’s four conference losses (three on the road) were all against teams in the RPI Top 100. In Atlantic 10 games, the Flyers lead in 3-point field goal shooting (.459) and 3-point field goals made (8.5), and rank second in scoring (72.3 ppg), assists (16.4), defensive rebounding (28.2) and rebounding margin (+7.0). Kevin Dillard has scored in double figures in 13 consecutive games. Vee Sanford has scored in double figures in 11 of his last 14 contests and in five straight. Dyshawn Pierre is UD’s third-leading scorer in conference action, averaging 10.3 points.
ABOUT SAINT LOUIS
Saint Louis, 15-5 overall and 4-2 in the Atlantic 10, is one of the toughest defensive teams in the NCAA. The Billikens allow a paltry 57.8 points per game, good for the best in the Atlantic 10 and 16th in the NCAA. SLU is also 12-2 at Chaifetz Arena this season. Saint Louis features a balanced scoring attack, with seven players averaging 7.0 points or more per game. Dwayne Evans (11.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg) leads Saint Louis, while Cody Ellis (11.0 ppg) and Mike McCall Jr. (10.7 ppg) and also add to the offensive attack. Jordair Jett is 11th in the conference averaging 3.6 assists per contest.
UD leads the all-time series 25-23, but have lost five of the last seven. Last season the two teams split, each winning at home.
PACK YOUR BAGS
Dayton is 3-5 away from UD Arena this season. In those games on the road and at neutral sites, the Flyers average 69.0 points per game. Kevin Dillard is Dayton’s top scorer away from the Arena averaging 15.4 points, while Vee Sanford scores 10.6 points per game.
• Dayton is 8-1 this year on Saturdays. Every other day of the week, UD is 4-7.
• Five of Dayton’s eight losses have come by a total of 11 points.
• This season the Flyers are 3-5 away from UD Arena, with only one true road victory (at Alabama). The other two wins were on neutral sites.
• The Flyers’ four losses versus Atlantic 10 opponents were all Top 100 RPI programs.
• Dayton finished non-conference play with 10 victories, the seventh consecutive year achieving 10-plus wins prior to Atlantic 10 action.
• In Dayton’s 12 wins, the Flyers are shooting .497 from the field. In the eight losses, the field goal percentage drops to .411.
• The Flyers are 7-0 this season when scoring 75 or more points.
• Overall, Dayton leads the conference in 3-point shooting (.390) and ranks second in scoring offense (72.3) and assists (14.7).
• Kevin Dillard, a First Team Pre-Season All-Atlantic 10 selection, leads UD in scoring (14.8), assists (4.9), three-pointers made (39), free throws made (85), free throw percentage (.867), minutes (32.0) and steals (26).
• Dillard, a Cousy Award watch list selection, is 11th in the A-10 in scoring, fourth in assists and free throw percentage. He has scored in double figures in 13 consecutive games.
• In his last three games, Dillard has a 4.0 assist-to-turnover ratio (20 assists to five turnovers).
• Dillard is also 26-of-26 in the last two minutes of the game this season at the charity stripe.
• Devin Oliver ranks second in the Atlantic 10 in overall rebounding (8.5 rpg). He also leads the Flyers with four double-doubles this season.
• Oliver has nine double figure rebounding games, the most in the Atlantic 10.
• Josh Benson is producing at a similar clip as he did last season before his torn ACL. In 2012-13, Benson is averaging 10.2 points, 4.8 rebounds and shooting .553 from the floor.
• Vee Sanford has scored in double figures in five straight games.
• Sanford is shooting .828 at the free throw line, second-best on the team and eighth in the A-10. Sanford is also 18th in the conference in scoring.
• Dyshawn Pierre is shooting .550 from the field against A-10 opponents.
• Matt Derenbecker is shooting 8-for-13 (.615) from beyond the arc in his last three games. He ranks third in the A-10 in three-point field goal percentage (.455).
• In the past three games, Jalen Robinson averaged 8.3 points and 7.0 rebounds, while shooting .765 (13-of-17) at the free throw line.